EVENING ROUTINE IDEAS AND BENEFITS
In the Previous Post we looked at MORNING ROUTINE IDEAS AND BENEFITS so in today’s post we shall look at Evening Routine Ideas and Benefits.
An Evening Routine should help you unwind from the day that you had and also help you prepare for the day ahead.
Good nutrition is important to maintain your body’s health and make sure your body in fit and even feel good.
- Take a light meal for dinner
- Take lean proteins and vegetables and less carbohydrates
- Avoid sugars
- Eat 2-3 hours before you sleep
- Showers in the evening are like mini-massages. They help relax your fatigued body after a busy day working.
- Also remove make-up. If you want to have healthy skin and prevent break-outs make sure you don’t sleep with your make-up on
Have some Family Time
Keep the phones, tablets and laptops away and actually have some bonding time with family. This could be through:
- Eating Dinner together and having conversations about how the day has been
- Doing the chores together- eg cooking and cleaning up after dinner
- Reading to your children
- Quality time doing something you both enjoy with your partner
You could call, video chat or Skype if you live away from family.
Listen to Music
Music is wonderful for reducing stress, for enjoyment and even relaxing.
Take some time even if its five minutes to do some relaxing exercise.
This could be stretching, yoga or meditation.
You can do this as you watch TV, during commercial breaks, during the start or end song of a movie, just before you take a shower or just before you get into bed. Start with 5 minutes. Like i mentioned in this article SIMPLE HABITS THAT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE, it is the small things done consistently that end up having the hugest impact in our lives
Reading can help you relax after a busy day at work as i mentioned in this post THE BENEFITS OF READING. It will also help you sleep.
You can do this in bed just before you sleep.
If you have kids you can also read to them.
PS: If you have been wanting to start reading but haven’t gotten to it, check out this awesome article on HOW TO DEVELOP A READING HABIT
Journaling can be therapeutic. It can be used to relieve stress and reduce anxiety. By writing down how your day was, you can be able to relieve stress instead of bottling up emotions or negatively expressing them.
Plan for the next day
Planning your day ahead will go a long way in making your day better- less stressful and more productive. When you plan ahead you wake up focused and prepared and therefore avoid wasting time unnecessarily.
- Make a list of the things that you want to do the following day, then prioritize your tasks.
- You can also pick out the clothes you will wear
- Know where the things you will be using the next day are
This may seem obvious but a lot of people don’t get enough sleep.
- By sleeping enough you allow your body to rest and recharge
- You are therefore energetic, productive and in a good mood the next day
What was your biggest Take-away? Feel Free to Leave a Comment 🙂
Sending my love,