HOW TO START EATING HEALTHY
Healthy Eating is not as hard as it is made to look like. With some motivation and a few guided steps you can be able to develop healthy eating habits.
Let’s do this!!
Tips to Help You Start Eating HealthyTips to Help You Start Eating Healthy #Nutrition #Health #Wellness #Food Click To Tweet
Count the Cost
How is your life right now? Has the unhealthy food affected your life in a negative way?
Now imagine what will happen some years from now
- Toxin buildup in the body
- Higher risk of developing cancer, diabetes and heart conditions
- Becoming Overweight and Obese
- Low Self Confidence
- Poor social interactions and habits
- Low energy and poor productivity
- More expenses for treatment for you and your family
- Emotional pain for you and your family
- Probably missing out on important parts of your children’s life such as graduation, weddings, getting children
- And many more…
Now Consider the Benefits of Eating Healthy
- You are Energetic
- More productive
- More Confident and Happier
- Better Social Relationships
- Can fit into your favorite Clothes
- Better Looking Skin
- Reduce Chances of certain Diseases and Illnesses
- Get to enjoy important and special parts of your Children and even Grand-children lives such as Graduation, Weddings, having Children
There are various ways you can get motivation
- Find Beautiful Pictures of Healthy Food on the Internet (Google, Pinterest, Instagram).
- Save the Pictures ,Pin them or Print them and Hang them on Your Vision Board and/ or on the Fridge
- Follow People or Social Media Accounts that are about Healthy Living
- Learn the Benefits of Different Foods (There are a lot of pictures on the Internet with Benefits of Foods)
- Make friends with people who you know are into Healthy Eating
FREE GIFT: Since I Really want you to start Eating Healthy, I have Created This Free Document with some Pictures to Inspire You! Once you download it, You can Print, Cut out the Pictures and Hang Them on Your Fridge, Vision Board or somewhere you will always see them.
A huge mistake that most people make when trying to adopt a new habit is to go too big. If you do this you get overwhelmed and give up all-together on your goal.
Its much easier to start small, that way you even allow your body to easily adjust. Set small achievable goals.
For example if you eat unhealthy foods every day of the week, reduce it to 6 days then 5 days and so on.
The easiest way of getting rid of a bad habit is to replace it with a good one.
Replace the Unhealthy Foods with the Healthy Ones
- Almond Milk instead of Cow’s Milk
- Green Tea instead of Coffee
- Water and Fresh Fruit/Vegetable Juice Instead of Soda
- Brown Rice instead of White Rice
- Avocado instead of unhealthy Bread spreads
- Olive oil and Coconut Oil instead of normal cooking oil
Get Rid of Temptations
This is closely related to the above point. Start getting rid of the unhealthy food in your fridge and Food cabinets.
If you don’t have the unhealthy stuff near you, definitely you will reduce the chances of giving into temptation coz you have to go all the way to the store to buy some which to your body, will be a lot of “work”
Again you don’t want to starve yourself because once you get access to food you will overeat. So what you need to do is have some healthy food and snacks in the house
Learn a Few Simple Recipes
Learn a few go-to healthy recipes- about three to five for a start. You can grow the list over time.
The recipes should be something quick and easy to prepare and sweet if possible. That way you will avoid being tempted into eating something unhealthy.
This you can find online: Google, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, Blog Posts or alternatively you can buy a cook book.
Make this a fun activity. Like a fun adventure getting to try out new things. Plus personalize it to your taste.
Color your Plate
We are Visual creatures. Having a good looking meal in front of your eyes will definitely wet your appetite.
Try to make your plate beautiful with the different foods. Get creative; you have a lot of colors to work with- Red, Green, Yellow, Purple, Orange and many more
You can also get inspiration from the images mentioned in Point 3 above.
Select one or two days a week whereby you can make a lot of food and store it in your fridge.
This will come in handy especially on those lazy days when you don’t feel like cooking and are likely to order some unhealthy food.
Reward yourself from time to time as you achieve your goals and start enjoying healthy eating. This will motivate you to stick with the habit
*PS: Now that you have learnt How you can Start Healthy Eating, Would you like to Make it a Habit? I am creating something about that (Hint- Short Course/E-book). If your Interested, SUBSCRIBE HERE to Be the First to Know When its Done . There might be some discounts for the first Subscribers 🙂
Related Article: TIPS ON HOW TO START EXERCISING
Don’t Forget to Pick Your Picture Download Document to Inspire you on Healthy Eating!!
Did you Enjoy this Post? Leave a Comment Below with your Biggest Take-Away. (Also share the Post with someone who would need this) 🙂
Sending my Love,